The MU1 is the ultimate digital music source. Combined with the LS1, it forms a peerlessly elegant High-End audio system.
We wanted to develop the most accurate audio source we could imagine. In our experience, the human hearing system shows an incredible sensitivity to anomalies. Even unimaginably small aberrations appear to be audible. In principle, digital audio does offer perfect reproduction. Its sonic quality, however, is limited by the implementation accuracy of the physical and mathematical laws that affect the conversion from one format to another. Grimm Audio strives to bring you confidence that all technical details are taken care of to the greatest extent so that the reproduction system steps out of the way of the music.
“The MU1 is the ultimate digital music source: attractive, reliable and precise”
With the MU1, our goal was to set a new benchmark in music player design. The Linux-based computer system brings solid data integrity. Our in-house-designed FPGA interface board, which forms the heart of the MU1, offers breakthrough performance levels in format conversion and receives automatic updates whenever we have pushed the boundaries again. Needless to say, the MU1 features our trademark ultra-low jitter clock. This is a music player worthy of the name Grimm Audio.
Once excellent sound quality is ensured, the quality of a music player is then defined by the user experience. For this, we partnered with Roon Labs, who in our opinion are in the lead when it comes to a rich and engaging music experience that appeals to your whole family. The MU1 runs the Roon Core server, so no extra installs are necessary. Just pick up your tablet and experience the music. For customers who prefer to only run a simple playback system without Roon’s extras, we offer a solid alternative.
The MU1 combines seamlessly with the LS1 playback system. Of course, the virtues of the MU1 can also be realized with DACs from other manufacturers. Because we love to create a stunning look for our equipment, the boundlessly versatile system is housed in a cabinet of minimalistic elegance, so the MU1 will easily become the gem of your living room.
Wieland Hornig, Berlin (MU1)
- Roon Core and Roon End Point integrated
- ultra high up- and downsampling precision
- ultra low clock jitter
- seamless integration with LS1 series
- excellent source for 3rd party DACs
- all sample rates and formats supported
- surround playback option with 6 digital output channels
- AES, spdif and optical digital stereo inputs
- high performance FM receiver
- external USB and NAS storage, optional internal SSD
- Tidal and Qobuz support
- Spotify Connect support
- 355 x 85 x 295mm (WxHxD)
- 5 year limited warranty
- MU1 v1.0 and SQM cable at X-fi show
- MU1 at High End Munich video by Native DSD
- Dream Car Event at Chattelin Audio Systems
- MU1 in surround at RCO House
- The MU1 concert
- MU1 at High End Munich 2019
- The MU1 speeches
- MU1 introduction video by Hans Beekhuyzen
- MU1 introduction at Van Abbe museum
- Audio Wellness at Masters of LXRY