There are many USB audio interfaces on the market but few of them are designed with both the sound quality and the specific use case in mind.
The Grimm Audio UC1 is a mid price USB interface and monitor controller that has a different approach. It is an ideal match with the Grimm Audio LS1 or PMC monitoring systems, and works great with other active loudspeakers too.
“The ‘Universal Converter’ UC1 solves all your monitoring needs. It has outputs for analog and digital destinations and offers analog and digital loops with LS1 quality converters.”
Present day use cases have been the premier focus from the first UC1 sketches onwards. This led to an unusual design with remarkable flexibility.
When mixing and mastering, not all inputs and outputs are equal. The UC1 offers 18 channels of USB I/O of which some are dedicated to monitoring and others to re-recording. With the second USB ‘i-put’ on the front there is no sample rate and word length restriction when using your iPad or iPhone. The i-put also serves as a convenient stereo USB input for laptops.
- 18 channel back USB & 2 channel front USB
- 4+2 analog outputs, 4 analog inputs
- 4 digital outputs, 4 digital inputs
- Versatile monitoring features
- Ultra-low jitter clock with hybrid PLL
- High performance phones output
- Foldback for latency free monitoring
- Sample rates from 44.1kHz up to 192kHz
- Word clock in- and output
- Thaddeus Moore: UC1 is flat out magic
- Sound on Sound: UC1 sounds good!
- Praise for UC1
- HiFi Review: UC1 has vivid dynamics and colors
- Super AV: UC1 sounds analog
- Interface: UC1 is a Universe Controller
- Professional Audio: “Full control with UC1”
- Mastering Engineer Alan Silverman chooses UC1
- Studio Magazin: UC1 sounds very good
- Wessel Oltheten video testimonial for UC1